Totoro amigurumi and invisible decreasing

Learning how to knit and crochet is slow and sometimes painful (for the eyes, hands and back) process. But it is also rewarding to some extent. Since we are talking about amigurumi, Japan and Japanese culture, well, Totoro is part of all this.
      The following is pattern by Amigurumei. Please check her absolutely AWESOME amigurumi !I take no credit for the pattern and I did my best to follow trough. So this is what I got.


      If you have checked the link (and you should ^.^ NOW!) you can see quite a difference between the models. Why? I used a larger hook - in this case No:4 while the pattern says No:2. Furthermore my yarn was superwash wool (dark grey). In overall if you use bigger hook and yarn you'll get a bigger (fatter) model :) Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it. What I used are simple plastic beads for nose and cheeks (you can get them 10 colours from Tiger Denmark for 20kr).
      What you are probably wondering is what is invisible decrease (and you will be wondering this if you have checked the link, which you should have done by this point! :O ). The answer is this wonderful invisible decreasing tutorial by PlanetJune. Yes there are different types of decreasing, careful with the patterns ;).
      If you would like to read the whole article about invisible decreasing please check PlanetJune's explanation here. I do recommend it for beginners like me. ^.^~ Some patterns (like the Totoro one) would ask you to do inv dec and others will just say dec. Now you know what to do ;)
      This took me probably between 6 and 10 hours to finish because I'm slow and even slower when it comes to making the face and sewing the beads for the cheeks. Details are really killing me. But I really like how it turned out. It's cute ^.^~. The ears especially took me almost 40 minutes because I couldn't make them with No4, so I started the magic ring with No:6 and then switched back to 4. :D Funny how the working process of a complete novice like myself goes.
      Happy crocheting! And go check Amigurumei's patterns!!! ^-^~


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар