Thoughts on Guilty Crown

So recently I had enough time to actually watch something and complete this anime. Finally. I've been waiting it, watching it while airing and then...then it got so boring that I've even considered dropping it.

Indeed. I have no idea what was the fuss around it. Can someone explain to me why was Guilty Crown so popular? At all?

At first I thought Guilty Crown's anime was a spin off of a visual novel. Trough the way I realised it was the opposite but that did not make things better. On the contrary - it made things worse. Now that I knew the anime had no deep story (revealed in the novel/game) it became very clear to me that they tried to make the "all-so-deep-and-sophisticated-not-your-average-plot" and failed miserably. It was interesting the first 3ep, then it was boring as hell and when I thought it finally ended around episode 12-13 I was in for a surprise - guess who decided to proceed with torturing the viewers.


Guilty Crown is all about a futuristic, half post apocalyptic world where there is this virus that kills people. There we have it - the tragic event, the so called Lost Christmas that should have made me cry if not for the fact that I think the graphic....no, I should say the way this anime was drawn (at least for me) does not fit such plot at all. It looked a lot more like a comedy/shounen or something like Higurashi, C or even what they have done with Deadman Wonderland. Now that I mention it, it really reminds me of Deadman Wonderland - we have the pale-pinked hair girl that is quite sweet and all but is actually a monster, the main character who is a whining coward trying to play hero with this special ability/power, the bad guy who is actually not all that bad and the other bad guy who is all so evil because he did something bad to the girl? Sounds familiar? But never mind that. Even the big bad-ass weapons could not save the stupid and predictable plot. Oh, but there was one thing I could not predict but I am not saying it due to spoilers. Let us say I could not predict that the main hero would actually suffer at the end. I thought he would get out of it perfectly fine. Thc...  :)

If we go back to the visual part, I must admit it was not bad. Apparently a lot of money was given to the producers. But it was still not bloody or scary enough. Still, the art of this anime was the only good part. I do not want to waste time on the music. I do not particularly like j-pop or j-whatever music but this... Ah, right, this is the type of music 90% of the fans would like, my bad, sales techniques are my weak point.

Overall predictable, with bad music and  annoying character (and I cannot decide who I hate more - the main hero or heroine but I presume I hated her more) I would not give it more than 5 at its best because of the art and the weapons.

I do not recommend it unless you like such things, for example Chaos Head (oh, God, why the hell did I watch Chaos Head). If this is the case - go waste your day (like I did -___-''' )

Maybe I expect too much of this anime o.O''

1 коментар: