Manga review - Harlem Beat wa Yoake made


Harlem Beat wa Yoake made 
( ハーレムビートは夜明けまで
by Takishima Kazusa
   While reading, I kept wondering what the hell is a "harlem beat" and I could not figure that out till the end of the manga, though at some point they mentioned something about the name. I didn't actually pay any attention to that or to any other part of the manga, to be exact. I did open Wikipedia in order to find out what this is, the "beat" I mean... It was a total fail - "too long, didn't read" so let's leave the name to our imagination.  
   Story~ What story?!! I mean, do you really expect some sort of a story out of this!?? Nahhh~ The is about the prince of Hell - Kaito - tall, dark and handsome, who, being forced to get married, runs away to the human world with his pet-cat Levun. After arriving on Earth, they both change form - Levun turning into a big-boobed beauty, and Kaito - into the quite the opposite of his self. As a human he is Yamato Kujou - blond, short, skinny, pretty weak, but he still has a large tattoo on his back - the symbol of the prince. Of course, there are pursuers from hell, send to find the missing prince and the stupid crest on his back, turns out to be the only way to find him. Guess what happens - "let's strip him to find out" T.T''''' The pursuers you ask? I like this description, taken from MAL: "Meanwhile, King of Hell sent a womanizing vampire, a short temper werewolf, and a kind hearted zombie to retrieve his son." Actually, that's no zombie, but a Frankenstein named Taiki. And there the story begins - Taiki and Kujou become best friends and so on... You have to read the rest.
   Actually this manga is quite enjoyable. I may not be a shounen-ai fan, but I am not a hater either. It had no shounen-ai tag in the description, and I admit - there were no such elements in the manga...just some bromance!! Oh, why should male friendship always lead to shounen-ai? I actually have no idea, it's just me. And after checking up, I found that Takishima-sensei usually writes shounen-ai series, so I guess it's not my fault for getting the "right vibe". Setting aside this fact, the manga is really fun, not original or unique (or whatever). It has wonderful graphics, a little bit messy in the female character, but perfect for the males. Check our bishie prince here, it's such a waste that the story is so lame ;/ . I actually expected some love story going there between Kujou and a female character, but it turned out to be more of a comedy-slapstick than shoujo to my opinion. Nevertheless, it's was funny. Though I wished to see more of Levun in action. But that's all feminist me ;)
   Read or Not? I say - read! But don't expect anything hilarious. But it is, indeed, a pretty good, for a unpopular, manga.
   Genres: comedy, adventure, shoujo, fantasy
   Status: completed - 5 volumes ( 27chapters ) 
   Overall: 
 

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар