Top 5 shoujo manga ~part 2 ~

Because choosing only 5 of them all is just not enough ^.^''''. So we decided to make another top 5 - it was a fearsome competition! We had to choose only 5 out of hundreds (I mean, each of us has read more than a hundred shoujo manga XD) but in the end...I kind of think we will make part 3 of this XD.
Again - no smut in this list - just "pure love" shoujo manga, some comedy, a little bit of drama and endless enjoyment. Enjoy and leave a comment, or a suggestion, or just a hate message :P

No: 5 
Special A
   This is a story about a smart and hard-working girl - Hikari, who is part of a special class - the S.A. in a school for rich people. As the story goes, the main hero and her rival No:1 - Kei is actually in love with her and....You'll have to read the manga to know the rest.
   This is just the typical shoujo setting, though Special A has, if not NONE, but a little of development. 10 volumes of  "friendship and magic" with no drama or plot-twists. I was kind of disappointed when I finished it. Apart from the love plot, the art is gorgeous and Takishima Kei is just one of those main characters that just makes you love him form the very beginning. I can't say I feel the same for Hikari, but I love Kei :). This manga is more of a comedy and it is quite enjoyable. I mean, where else do we have a girl that doesn't speak in order to preserve her beautiful voice o.O I really enjoyed Special A and I would recommend it to all shoujo lovers. Overall ~7/10~


No: 4   
Yamato Nadeshiko Schichi Henge
   This is one of hell of a good comedy. And when I say comedy, I mean something that would make even the most gloomy people. Speaking of which, this is a manga about the "dark" Sunako and her transformation into a beautiful lady. You might not now but "Yamato Nadeshiko" is a term used for a perfect traditional Japanese woman. As far as I remember it originates from the Ist or IInd WW and it referred to all of those women who could manage to survive without their man around. It is a symbol of strong and beautiful women. The main heroine - Sunako is nothing of the sort. Oh, and she likes horror movies and skeletons and all sorts of scary things. And she lives with 4 bishies who are forced by the landlady to turn Sunako into a lady or else...
   What I do not like about this manga is the art and to be precise the way boys are being drawn. Sunako herself is a chibi most of the time anyway, but the 4 bishies are absolutely awful to my opinion. At some point I began to wonder if the mangaka made them look like that in order to make fun of the bishounens in general.
   If we ignore the art, this manga is still something one should read - it's a unique comedy!!! Not much of a romance or shoujo, but a comedy! If the art of the manga is too much for you, you might want to see the anime - it is based on random chapters of the manga. There's also a drama adaptation. Overall ~8/10~


No: 3
Zettai Kareshi
   I love all of Watase Yuu's works but this...I actually cried at the end of it. I've also seen the drama adaptation. I cried my ass at the end of the drama too. But this is not a dramatic manga with a lot of tears. Not at all. The story is about Riiko, who wants a boyfriend. Wouldn't you know, she gets one...She get's a robot boyfriend - the Absolute boyfriend.
   Yuu-sensei has her own unique art, I cannot say it is perfect or modern, or whatever. But it is not the art that makes this manga so good. It's the story. It's touching - it makes you laugh and cry, burnt with anticipation to know what happens next. It never leaves you disappointed! Furthermore the characters evolve in the course of actions. I just love it! It has it's own cliché moments, but just ignore that and I promise you - you will never regret reading this. Overall - ~9/10~ 


No: 2
Ouran High School Host Club
   One of my all time favourites! I've been into this manga form it's very start and I'm still sad it came to an end. It has everything you want - rich bishies, a sarcastic main heroine, comedy, love, bishies...Oh, did I mention bishies? No, seriously, this is more of a love comedy harem shoujo but it's not that famous for no reason. You see, even boys like this. I'm sure you all know the plot, so let's concentrate on my opinion on the subject.
   The art is lovely and I laughed and laughed while reading the story. Oh, and I love the twins @_@! And Kyouya! This manga is like a display show for types of bishies - just choose. And I must say, Haruhi was hilarious, though, a little bit too oblivious. What I did not like of this manga was the obvious end. It was of no surprise who would Haruhi end up with, but I don't think the author even tried to make her readers ponder on the subject. Another thing I did not like was the way her "identity problem"was resolved. I expect some "drama" stuff there but the actually solved it in just a few pages T.T' not even a whole chapter.
   Anyway, Ouran is a MUST read manga for a shoujo fans! Over all ~9/10~ 


No: 1
The Bride of the Water God
   This is something I've been into recently. It's a manhwa and it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. It's not only the detailed art - it's the story. I has a bit of love and happiness, sadness and emptiness. While reading you will feel like crying out of happiness and sadness at the same time. The story is about Soah, who is sacrificed to be the Water God - Habaek's wife in order to save her village from the long drought. When Soah finally finds herself in the Water God's kingdom, she finds out she is to be the wife of a child. But the Water God himself has a secret - he is a child during the day and a man during the night.
   And this is the love story of Soah and Habaek - a love in between a war between the Gods and Soah's hesitation to remain by Habaek's side forever. It's just lovely. It makes you wonder what to do in her place. It makes you feel sad for them both. It makes you love them, love the art, love the manhwa! Overall ~10/10~

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар